Old Chang Kee Currypuff @ 1 Utama, Kuala Lumpur: Best Curry Puffs From Singapore?

OMG!

Just 1 week of CNY holiday and I’d eaten at so many places. There are so many materials awaiting me to post in my blog but I haven’t type it out yet. Complacency not helping here!

Okay, just to get my momentum moving back again, a short post of a ‘famous’ curry puff store, Old Chang Kee located at 1 Utama basement. 

Old Chang Kee 'jiu pai'/ signboard
I stopped by at 1 Utama, KL on my way back from Seremban heading to Ipoh. Planned to jalan-jalan awhile there, then buy dinner for J (who’s at Sungai Buloh hospital), and proceed northwards to eat claypot rice at Tanjung Malim and fried chicken at Tapah (more on these 2 eating places in other postings) before reaching Ipoh.
From Singapore, must be good, right?
I came across this stall and saw all the cute, chubby and golden curry puffs being paraded. It's a rule of thumb that there are certain foods in Malaysia I must try when I come across such as char koay teow, nasi lemak, curry mee, roti canai and etc (curry puff included too). Furthermore, this stall claimed to originate from Singapore, so guessed it must be good or else they won't go international with their food. BTW, it's cheaper to eat here than going all the way to Singapore to try it.

Chicken curry puff, RM1.60/piece
Sardine curry puffs, more expensive RM1.90/ piece
I just bought one chicken currypuff. How was it? Please read my serial photos commentaries below to find out.
Chicken curry puff in paper bag, before being devoured by me, muahahahaha!:)
Begining bites, exposing hot potatoes, a little spicy but the curry aroma was lacking. The curry puff crust was soft, crispy and thin, nice
Half was through my chicken curry puff and there's still no chicken visible! Just potatoes!
Finally saw a small piece of egg, but still surrounded by...POTATOES!
After eating three quarters of my chicken curry puff, the small piece of chicken FINALLY appeared! Like Chinese saying, the chicken meat was so small until can fill the gaps in my teeth.
Contact numbers if you want to place order for delivery.
Tasty or Not?
Rating 4.5/10; I don't think I'll try at this stall again if I come across it next time...but maybe will try in Singapore. I think any makciks in Penang, Ipoh or Seremban can make better curry puff than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment